PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2005, 02:59
cjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fella's fella's fella's.....I reckon we must be picturing different types of beat ups. We're not talking about belly skimming the grass and risking a prop strike with an arm out the window and rollie on the lip, just a nice low and fast beat up down the strip.....At least that is what I'm talking about.If you plan it and execute it accurately like any other sort of flying manouvre it isn't that dangerous. I'd rather have an engine failure in a 210 at 10ft doing 140kts over a strip than struggling over the trees at the threshold doing 80kts thats for sure.

spoilher, after witnessing that accident I do know better, I know not to do impulsive beat ups without thinking about the conditions first and I know not to change my plan of attack half way through...then again...being quite conservative I had always done that so really it just re-affirmed it for me.

Have to admit I'm glad to hear you didn't roll that 210 Oneball, I used to hate the creaks and groans those things gave when caught in the niggly stuff and wondered at the fact the aircraft had been doing it longer than I had been alive!

spoilher said;
"I think we can say a beat up or a zoom climb is little different to a go around or runway inspection where usually you'd be flying slowly with gear and flap down! "

I agree 100% that they are different but what are you saying???That you'd rather be low AND slow AND dirty?? lol . My Lord thats classic!...It reminds me of that joke..... Johnny has just been presented his wings at an RAAF passing out parade , his dear old mum who has always fretted after him gives him a hug and says "Now Johnny...don't go taking any risks, I want you to fly low and slow".
CJAM

PS Frick.....I thought all cyclones originated when the pub closed at Numbulwar??