PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2005, 08:14
Frickman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"That's what gets people killed!!"

Try dragging your arse around the central highlands of PNG for a few years and then tell me how dangerous it is to fly a bloody plane down a runway on the edge of the Tanami desert.

Time to get rid of the cardigan, sell the Volvo and stop hiding under the bed.....DAD!!

“I think you and everybody else knows what I'm talking about with regard to beatups at low level.”

What you’re doing is making global statements based on emotion.

Your premise is that everyone who has ever flown low over the ground in this manner is an “idiot”, “stupid”, a “hooligan”, “D!ckhead” and now “macho”.

Do you extend this thought to Ag pilots or airshow display pilots. How about RAF and RAAF pilots in WW2 who were renowned for not only low level straffing and bombing but also for beat ups (which often included a victory wobble for good measure) often these guys had less hours than some private pilots getting around today.

Quite frankly your ATSB examples don’t back up your statements, they back up the post by cjam if anything. These guys crashed on takeoff after not planning or really thinking. As I said almost any machine will kill you if you don't respect it.

Flying down a runway in a CONTROLLED environment in a PRECISE manner (ie planning, thinking, doing) is no more dangerous than taking off, landing or going around. Back when I did my CPL I had to demonstrate the ability to fly straight and level down the runway in a number of configurations as well as zoom climbs. These are not aerobatic nor are they rocket science. For that matter it’s no more dangerous than valley flying, mountain flying, or wet season flying, or flying around mountains in a wet season.

Last edited by Frickman; 27th Apr 2005 at 14:18.