PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2005, 23:42
cjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"As for joking about things that'll kill me, well thats an ozzie trait that I hope none of us lose."

Fully agree. It's a wonderful trait.

Lets not get too precious. I think they are fantastic when done right. A good beat up brightens up my entire week weather it was me who did it or a co-worker or someone I don't know , it doesn't matter.
A well planned beat up doesn't have to be dangerous, like Frickman said "low level flying up a runway in a controlled situation in a precise manner is far from aerobatics".
The key is planning it and not deviating from the planned heights etc...if you think "this should be lower or faster or a bit further to the left then fine.....adjust your next beat up, not the one you're doing at the moment. Do it at an appropriate time and place....if there is a crowd of mates drinking beer by the airport donga.....it's not a good time. Sun just coming up and only your off-sider from work draggin the other plane out of the hangar? Sweeeet! If you ever get the urge to do a beat up on the spur of the moment....don't. Think about it and plan it (only takes a minute to assess the conditions and run through it in your head).
Thats what I reckon anyway.
PS only do it when you're by yourself
do it so that if you crash you only kill yourself.
PPPS and yes, before anyone asks or gets upset,I have been witness to a colleague crashing from a beat up over the field, it was fatal,, he tried to make it more exciting half way through, changed his plan and that was that. Just use ya noggin and don't get excited.PPS If you are not very experienced and lack confidence or have too much of it then disregard all of the above. beat ups are for boys.
cheers.