PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF2000 - anyone flown one ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2005, 21:48
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
India MIke :

You said :

"" And now the final health warning - don't cross RAF. I did, and I thought I would end up in court. """

My report on G-BXDD for its then-owner somehow found its way into the public domain. I was so rattled by RAF that I sought legal advice from my employer who was ready to support me, but the whole thing fizzled out. For a sensitive soul such as myself, it was most upsetting.....

Because I do not wish to cause any grief for Danny and Pprune I will not post as much as I would like to about the business practices of RAF and their propensity to threaten legal action against anyone who they see as a threat to their marketing practices.

Suffice to say I also have been the lawsuit threat route with RAF and fortunately for me and unfortunately for RAF the truth will usually prevail in any court action concerning such issues....

But you are correct unless you can really back up any allegations or statements be very, very careful with these weasels.

One more suggestion, any aircraft that is unstable to the extent that an RAF 2000 is and has the ability to kill you in a heartbeat is in my opinion not safe no matter how many hours you get trained in it....period.

And yes, I did refeer to them as "weasels" it is not a tying error, because that is my personal opinion of them having worked with them and being involved in trying to set up a training program for RAF in 1991 / 92.

Chuck E.