PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applications before MCC
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2005, 19:01
Maude Charlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would echo Ropey's advice about the lead time on airline recruiting. Now that the market has significantly improved (if you've only just qualified then you probably have no idea how bad it was even just 6 months ago), some airlines, particularly the regionals, are losing pilots hand over fist. I have been called for interview and sim check with one such airline with only a matter of days notice each time. Don't assume you can squeeze in things like an MCC or even an IR reval/renewal in that time. Sod's Law is circumstances will conspire against you.

And then those that have been telling little porky pies to get that far will soon be found out as all your paperwork will be scrutinised at interview. Pilots may understand where you are coming from, but you can bet your bottom dollar the admin weenies won't. Pretty stupid way to lose out on a potentially golden opportunity and an easy way to make yourself a laughing stock in a very small industry.

That all said, I did recently hear of a guy whose personal circumstances suited the airline's particular needs and they recruited him without an MCC (in fact they paid for him to do it), and offered him the job even before he had a sim check. It's a funny old business at times.