PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA Airlink to be dumped by SAA
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 16:57
BAKELA
Registered User *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the fact that Link recently went with Genesis (from New Zealand I think?) for a management tool instead of (still) waiting for SAA's "whatever" system says a lot too.

Incidentelly, I also reckon this thread's name, especially the "dump" part, is a misnomer.

Surely SAX cannot do (past, present and future) what Link does, but, and it's a huge but, Link is going to need some serious capital investment should they get out of bed with SAA. I cannot see them dumping present domestic routes just because they are not friends with SAA anymore. In terms of BASA's and political issues they might get screwed on their regional routes though. They also have no competition on the majority of domestic routes. From some or other Nationwide related thread on PPrune I am also lead to believe that Virgin is in bed with SAA now. Might be wrong though. So why the Virgin connection? Then there's also the Voyager programme...pax think about this seriously! Need something to replace this I would say.

For me, and I've said it for many years, a BA/Comair/Link tie-up would be a good one...very good I think.