PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2005, 18:54
Scrubbed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not underestimate its capacity to kill you in an instant. Some very experienced 210 drivers will back me on this one.
Bit hard if they're no longer with us.....

The 210 is a pussy-cat once you're used to it. I believe it is a handful for the average PPL, though. Stunfish's 210 is the 3rd I've heard of lately to be detroyed by a PPL.

All the 210s I have flown had gear-doors which are higher-maintenance but since it wasn't my bill, I liked having them. Seems a bit GAY not to have gear doors on a retractable.

As for the baggage locker open in flight secnario, flap sounds good but it can be done without.....

Simply lower the nose (at a suitable altitude) and increase speed a little to lower the AoA. The RAF will lower the door to the horizontal, then with a little left-yaw, the two-way spring system will allow the door to slam closed. Easy!! Saved me from an embarrassing RTB at least once.....

210s are the goods. The 206 has that on-its-arse feel with nose high and high instrument combing. I could never understand why Cessna build their a/c like that. Maybe they want it to feel like a tail-dragger....

Definition of GA:

Night "VFR" takeoff in a C210L from a black-hole and with a venturi for vac source. No horizon until in the air. The boss said to do it so......

What fun.

Why do they call it a Centurion.....