PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 06:26
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it is a MAM thing, please don't blanket all casuals as all having the same view as a lot of casuals are a damn lot better than some permanent crew! In regards to safety etc, have you ever really watched/listened to some permanent crew do the safety demo or the overwing briefing? A lot of them are terrible and obviously take safety seriously enough to warrant them doing it correctly! As i said, when Adecco were doing the interview some absolutely shocking people came online and unfortunately it is a little hard to get rid of them! I honestly can't believe some of the people i've worked with casual and permanent. I also believe saftey should be taken extremely seriously, ie i was on a Virgin Blue flight once when one of the Flight Attendants got a passenger up to do her safety demo, this is totally unacceptable for so many reasons. Yes, EP's are a serious time all the time, moreso when you're new and you have never heard the info before in your life, therefore you should be concentrating even more, however you do need a laugh every now and then to break up the stress etc of the day.