PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 02:03
3RAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doh!! THere is nothing I can say ofter what TIMMEEE and MAINFRAME have said.
The 210 is arguably the best single ever made. That is why they continue to appreciate in value and still grace the aprons of many airports in areas where the GA industry is more than training. WHere the serious work is, you find some very valued 210's.

Business aside, pilot satisfaction for me is unsurpassed in these A/C. THere is noting quite like flying a 210. I may be out numbered but I still must say, I would rather fly a 210 than a baron. THey are a grand old plane.

Treat her like the lady she is and develop a mutual respect with this A/C, and you will have many memorable hours. I liked the line in one of the other posts, "Very unforgiving when provoked". It is true, if you are flying one of these then you are probably a commercial pilot, and by defignition, a professional. You need to act in a professional way, and you will be respected for doing so, by your aircraft and other pilots (the ones that count, not the cowboys).

Just one other thing, the best way to tell a true professional in a 210, she/he will taxi with low power, no breaks, and the stick full back at all times, even on allegedly clean tarmack. Leave the wear and tear, and prop damage, to the Wannabe's, PPL's, and the owner/pilot doctors with more money than sense.

Happy landings.

Last edited by 3RAR; 23rd Apr 2005 at 04:25.