PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 11:26
Mooncrest

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I can't say I'm surprised that BMI are s**tcanning the London City service. After all, they haven't exactly gone to the ends of the Earth to advertise the service. The best I saw was an advertising hoarding mounted on a van about a hundred yards from the terminal. In late February. Nowt since then. First British European and now BMI. I hope this farce doesn't discourage other potential operators from giving it a go. VLM anyone ?

To other matters, today brought a classic foggy Yeadon morning with RW14 as the designate runway in use and only a CAT1 ILS.
Thankfully, by the time the WOW and FlyBe appeared the wind was more or less across the runway and both aircraft were able to make a CAT2 approach to RW32, albeit waiting around for the RVR touchdown to reach 300m. Lucky these aircraft (DHC8) have good performance on marginal runways. The question is, can the ILS on RW14 be upgraded to at least CAT2 and if so will it ever happen ? Abject apologies for recycling an old topic but it is still topical and I'm reminded of it every time it's foggy round here.