PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2005, 15:10
Leodis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone please can we get back on topic......Leeds Bradford Expansion??

INKJET one of your last postings was very nagative. This is not like you, was it having had a bad day?

Remember boys and girls, not all services will succeed. The way BMI have addvertised the route hasn't exactly been desirable and it hasn't done them any favors. If the service is to be withdrawn it will not be the first service ever to have the plug pulled.

Putting everything into perspective, LBA is still doing well, it has a good split of traffic between Business traffic and Leisure. No one can argue that there is still a long way to go for LBA to get to where is should be, but these things take time.

Over the next few weeks we are very likely to see a raft of publicity about DSA, remember folks this airport is 45 minutes plus down the road. I have always thought the new airport will do well, but it will never replace LBA as the main airport for Leeds or Bradford. The future for LBA remains bright, but I can't argue that we need to move a little closer to the light at the end of the tunnel!

I think after all the excitement about DSAs opening over the next few weeks has blown over, we will see additional services announced from LBA and if LBA are smart enough they will do some counter marketing!

Leeds Bradford Expansion!

Where is the Masterplan?????