PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Holders Vs Available Jobs
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2005, 11:36
Addy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone experienced the following:

1. Sitting in a pub telling people you have sent x 100 number of CVs and get no/little response apart from Please F*uck Off letters - then laugh about it while your drinking companion sits there is disbelief.

2. Sitting in a bar (well we are the 3rd highest drinkers) telling people that you called a training captain and he said to you "how many hours?, How old?, NO CHANCE" - then laugh about it while your drinking companion sits there is disbelief.

3. Sitting in a trendy cafe (probably having a Gin and Tonic) telling people that you are a trained professional pilot but currently work in a call centre for ?.85ph. Or even worse, teach people to fly for ?2 ph flying. - then laugh about it while your drinking companion sits there is disbelief

4. Or just run into people that have not seen you for a while because you have been training and say, "you've put on weight".
You-re thinking "up yours scary face", but say "have i".

It just goes to show that being a pilot is not all sex, fast cars, all year tans and rock and roll.
Been there done that. Bad thing is though, other people tend to laugh about it after a while, too. Ah well, I've said I'm not worried about getting the job for about 3 years now, and I stay with that thought...

Even though companies ask for 2500 TT with TR and 500 on type instead of the 600TT no TR nothing on type I have to offer, hey at least they are asking for people