PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson flies in to discuss new Intl airline
Old 19th Apr 2005, 03:20
Zapatas Blood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“I gather you work for CX or KA” .

Very close. Or maybe not even close – it matters not.

“And you think when the next round of basings come up in Australia they are going to compare your conditions to QF conditions?”

No, the last thing I would expect is for a foreign carrier to use QF mainline as a benchmark when drawing up conditions of service. Like many legacy carriers, QF mainline conditions have evolved over decades of industrial combat and bear little resemblance to current market conditions.

“The threat is if conditions are eroded further by a new Branson startup, the wages pressure extends downward for QF pilots, foreign airline pilots based here and all of a sudden, Virgin Blue pilots are looking expensive too!”

Gnadenburg, your previous posts have indicated that you make career choices on financial matters alone. One could therefore conclude that you have absolutely no interest in returning home to Australia where the pay and conditions of airline pilots will always be lower than their counterparts in Asia. Why do you have such an interest in the welfare of pilots working for Virgin Blue, Qantas or any foreign carrier with locally based crew?

“Giving something in return for the next generation”

Isn’t it convenient that your financial goals are perfectly aligned with what you see as the financial goals of the next generation. Such generosity.

Do you believe Branson's new airline not going to affect you?”

Of course I do. There are a million factors out there that will affect my position and salary but I refuse to be stressed by the factors that I cannot change. Branson will set up an airline in Australia irregardless of how much money you think you deserve to be paid.