PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Meeting On 18th
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 18:16
EZGOEK330FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR8 I did not delete it, I do not know where it went, but here it goes again...
Bad meeting, lots of name calling and eventualy pilots walking out. The bottom line was , no 15% increase as promissed by the UAE government, and widely rumoured, as we are not a government business, and we are already making "too much money".... We will get the 3% and because Emirates is the airline of choice we will be given another 2% topup. We are lucky to have a job in these difficult conditions, if we do not like it, the doors are open, the airline is still receiving lots of applications daily from pilots and we made over 1 billion US$ profit. Profit share not discussed as by this time things had gotten out of hand. Most of the local pilots called it a waste of time, and some said they would take it up with the Shake. My guy says nothing will come of this unfortunately, as it seems that Al Redha is not acting on his own on this. If Emirates top management realy wanted to give us the 15%, they could do it, bypassing everyone below them as it is a government backed pay increase, and nothing to do with the Shake's graciousness, nor management's view on pilot pay.
We all have to wake up and realize that things will not improve, nor will we be given the inflation adjustment that most of the expats working in the UAE will be given, not now not ever. The future is for Asian pilots to replace those of us who do not like the T&Cs and decide to seek greener pastures, and to crew the mass ammount of aircraft coming....
On the other hand there is no short supply of pilots internaly seeking to fill every position advertised for, nor do they have any problem finding pilots working their days off to cover the roster....
With this type of behaviour on our part, happy to pick up any bone thrown towards, I also do not see an improvement in our T&Cs nor do I see management giving us any respect.....
After two dissapointing years waiting for a pay increase, one last year, and now this year I think that it is written on the wall, the future of our T&Cs is erosion, and the 3% is the way forward....
Keep Discovering.....