PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C5 crew run drugs
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2005, 14:07
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally have no big problem with drug dealers as such. They don't force anyone to use drugs, it is peoples OWN choice whether to partake or not. There is something fundamentally wrong about having alcohol legal although it is generally accepted to be one of the more damaging mind altering substances, whilst others are illegal. Before you ask, I don't, and have never used drugs (apart from alcohol), but I think that should be my choice. It is the illegality of the substances that pushes people to buy dangerous, poor quality substances from drug dealing scum. I say scum, because thats what they are, but not because they are dealers. If drugs were legal, they would be off pursuing some other illegal way of making profit like the mobsters they are. Just like prohibition, I believe the anti drugs campaign is doomed because you cannot legislate against such a huge percentage of the population who regularly use drugs and are thus criminalised. Instead we should legalise and work to minimise the effect upon the minority who, just like with alcohol will develope a dependancy. The plus side of it being legal of course will be its availabilty at a reasonable price thus obviating the need for addicts to steal to feed their habit, and less deaths from rat poison and strychnine cut into the mix.