PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson flies in to discuss new Intl airline
Old 16th Apr 2005, 00:50
Zapatas Blood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnadenburg,

Me thinks your posting is more windup than serious debate, especially with the “professional manners to clean the backyard before they leave” rubbish and the “I feel they give nothing to the profession and only taking” garbage.

Perhaps you can give us all an example of where you have “given” to the industry.

“Keeping it simple yes I do feel threatened by Low Cost pilots. I have been undercut by them before”.

Oh really. You mean you were offering your services at a price higher than the market was willing to pay and as a result the offer of your services was declined. Such is the beauty of market capitalism.

“I hope you get home Z- sincerely. But I think your services are worth more than flying for 69K a year, paying for an endorsement and flying for Branson out of Sydney.”

You don’t read peoples posts very well. At no stage did I indicate an interest to work for a Virgin longhaul operation flying in Australia. You are attempting to debate a complete non issue with me.

I am glad that you have an opinion about what my services are worth, but excuse me if I value my own opinion about my fiscal welfare a little more than yours.

Also, I was wondering if you actually know what a paradigm shift is. The two common definitions are “acceptance by a majority of a changed belief, attitude, or way of doing things” and “a fundamental change in approach or assumptions”.

Neither definition even remotely supports the argument you are attempting to make.

Over to you.