PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR Licence - issuing state an issue?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2005, 21:46
Woof etc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clowns / can you tell me how one goes about changing the state of issue of a JAA licence. How many hoops do you have to jump through and what does this cost. Whats the point???

I still cannot understand what the purpose of a harmonised licence is if you still differentiate between licences issued by different states. This is equivalent to an Airline in the USA stating that they only accept FAA licences issued in Idaho!

I accept your point about recruitment managers wanting experience operating in European airspace. However, consider that every day European airspace is filled with foreign aircraft crewed by pilots with licences issued by countries from all over the globe - don't notice too many calamities. Sigh - I guess I can't change the system so how high should I jump?

Tigris / I think when Clowns says that the state of issue can be changed he is referring specifically to JAA issued licences ie. a European licence.

Countries all over the world that are members of ICAO issue their own ICAO compliant licences - these are not neccesarily FAA (American) or JAA (European) licences.

Last edited by Woof etc; 15th Apr 2005 at 21:56.