PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does QANTAS have Cadets???
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 07:43
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Baron, you don't want this to get personal? YOU made that way when you started witih comments about 'snotty nosed rich kids'. You're naieve in the extreme not to expect a strongly worded response to something as silly as that! If you'd like to go back and edit your original comments and make a post that is more relevant then perhaps I'll edit my comments as well!

so, let's address your 'BUTS'

1. You were questioning what types of people they were:

...an easy way for senior Captains to get there kids in!
Overt implication that cadets have an easier 'in' than other DE. They do not. They have to pass the same psych, different skills, no sim of course but then get a 12 month training program to prove themselves rather than an hour sim! Nothing 'easy' about it!

Who actually enjoys flying with these Cadets???...As I'm sure they are mostly rich little snotty nosed kids that think there **** don't stink!?
I addressed this one in my first response but you can see why I responded the way I did.

2. I already answerd your second 'BUT'. Again:

...why QANTAS is still wasting there time with CADETS...
See my points in my last post. QF like what they get. Good return of service, motivated individuals, company loyalty, people inculcated in the 'company' for a long period before hand. All of these at the same skill level, if not better than a DE candidate!

3. The 'train them from scratch' argument is still a valid argument even with the CIPP (Cadet Industry Placement Program). You can still achieve all of the stated aims whilst sending them elsewhere for a bit!

So, a question from a slightly different perspective.

Why does the RAAF continue wasting their time with cadets when there are lots of qualified pilots and they could cut down the training time and reduce the failure rate?

Finally, I don't expect that you'll get a management response. See my first point about the 'personal' bit.

I hope that helps to explain. If you won't take it from me, I doubt you're gonig to take it from anyone else either!