PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does QANTAS have Cadets???
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 06:34
Baron Captain ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does QANTAS have Cadets???

Ok before anyone tells me I am bitter and twisted because I never got in to Qantas... Let it be known that I have never, nor will I apply to Qantas....However if my Dad was a senior pilot and I had the choice when I was young of course I would have been one.

But I have to ask you this question???
Why Does Qantas have Cadets????

As all I could come up with was that its an easy way for senior Captains to get there kids in!

I thought that CADETS were meant for the times when there was a shortage of pilots????......
So I also hear that these days the cadets are getting a few years experience with Airnorth or the like after they have their Commercial licence to get experience...or instructing at GFS?... So what is the difference of getting GA people from the start like REAL airlines do??

AND

Why with Airnorth and not Eastern???........Gee isn't it hard enough for Eastern to find suitable pilots??......

AND

Why can't QANTAS make all new recruits including CADETS start at EAstern before becoming a SO??????.....Then people would have no hesitation on paying this silly amount for a DASH 8 type rating..

ALSO
I believe that QANTAS is making a PROFIT out of CADETS so in a way these guys are paying for a job which is kind of making them a SCAB.

So please tell me why when there is so many suitable people out there willing to fly for Qantas, they are still training Cadets???.. Even when it comes to FO or Capt upgrades these CADETS take more to train in sim sessions etc??....So what REALLY IS THE ADVANTAGE OF CADETS??????

PLEASE help me as I am confused.........

Last edited by Baron Captain ?; 14th Apr 2005 at 08:17.