PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help-air atlantique sponsorship vs OAT (merged)
Old 12th Apr 2005, 17:09
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nick 14

Without getting into the modular vs intergrated arguement........here goes.

First and foremost get that class1
Then I would also suggest gaining a PPL...this serves a couple of things, it will introduce you to aviation in an enjoyable environment (flying club etc) it will also enable you to meet plenty of other aviators, some of who will be proffessional pilots..i.e instructors...airline pilots etc.

Once you've got that far you will be much better able to decide how and where you wish to progress to complete your proffessional license requirements. As an example I completed the modular route rather than intergrated...and I was able to gain employment on T/Prop and now Jet aircraft.

However ultimately Nick...the choice will be yours...the one last word of caution I offer is this....take EVERYTHING you are told by flying schools with a big pinch of salt..many will be selling you pipe dreams if you think your going to graduate and jump straight into a nice shiney jet with 250hrs (yes it does happen..but only in about 1 in a 100 cases!)

Hope this helps!..and best of luck persuing your dreams

H