PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2005, 16:32
682ft AMSL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn’t an area I know a lot about, but….

Approach plates for 14 show the altitude at 2nm out to be 1,463ft. At 2nm on 32, with the 3 degree slope, the 2nm altitude is 1,347ft - so, 116ft higher on 14. Crudely speaking, wouldn’t one expect the 2nm altitude on a 3.25 degree slope to 14 (assuming no change in the touchdown point) to be halfway between the two i.e. 1,405ft. This would effectively reduce clearance over the Chevin by 58ft (given it’s about 2nm out).

The same approach plate shows the Chevin at 926ft AMSL. So current clearance is 537ft on the 3.5 degree approach and would be 479ft on a 3.25 degree slope.

re Jet2, one scenario would be to use a larger a/c for the sun routes they currently operate 2 or 3 times daily. Currently, with 2/3 daily to AGP and 2 daily to ALC and PMI they have got about 3 aircraft tied into these. A single 757 running PMI-AGP-ALC each day might not quite match the capacity overall but would strike me as being more cost effective and potentially would tighten the yields. Get a second machine in to act as backup and to pop down to TFS and PFO every now and then and hey presto, an idea that might work. Come the winter, get the 737s back on the AGP etc and pump up the frequency on the longer-runs to warmer climes – perhaps with a LPA and ACE to compliment TFS and PFO.

PS – another healthy load inbound on Air S/W this morning. I must say, I’ve been very impressed with their approach to marketing and promoting the route and given they are complete unknowns in this part of the world, they really do seem to be on the ball. The contrast between them and bmi’s efforts on the LCY route is really quite noticeable.