PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAD companies!!
Thread: BAD companies!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2005, 23:30
murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to work for a company like that in the Caribbean. Absolute joke! Was kinda of a sticky situation as we learned later that the company itself wasnt completely legal, in every way. They were overcharging the govt for fake hours being flown, and we were told to keep our mouths shut about it. To the point of burning and destroying flight logs for the aircraft.

Was told to fly the aircraft coz it was mechanically airworthy yet it had no current. C of A or C of R. When you told them know that it wasnt legal and that you wouldnt fly, the response was get in the air or you are fired, and that came through the chief pilot!! Of course we didnt fly it, and then they said they wouldnt fire us, only coz it would have been a loss of business, until they found other people to take our jobs.

I finally opted to get out of there when it really started getting ****ty and out of hand, by giving the Chief and the owners a written ultimatum about making things more legal and business like, and that I wouldnt work another day until it was all sorted out on paper. With that, they came back with this childish petty behaviour and told me I was fired, that I couldnt quit. I think the Chief didnt like people quiting as it looks bad, so he would fire you first, even though he knew you were quiting! Ridiculous!!

It was all absolutely ridiculous. You would think that your Chief, being a pilot, unlike the owners would be more with you on aircraft legalitites and things, but he would do nothing for you other than tell you that that is the way, and you had better conform. He was consistently full of $hit and I would without doubt question his abilities and skills as to flying as well. He believed that if the chopper ever crashed and legalities werent in order, that nothing would happen to us, that the company would get the blame. I dont know anywhere where the pilot can get away with flying an aircraft without proper paperwork and not f**k up his career. Even when its somewhere else in the world. I explained that we would be the ones to go down with the ****, that the company would blame it all on us in a heartbeat! Foolish man! Thats all I know. Good luck to him if he ever returns to the real world of aviation.

Faceless, good luck with your situation. Not an easy one and I hope you get throught it and get out safely. Having been through crap like that before, I know its tough.