PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2005, 22:50
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
Hippo....

I absolutely agree that some, in fact all but the rare exception, of Bristow's cadets were and are excellent pilots and in the rare exception were great fun to be around. My point is the Nigeria experience was beneficial to them because they got to see a different kind of flying from that on the North Sea.

My statement about the derivation of the mod stems from the mushroom food being provided from on high. Every time the mod was discussed the reaction seemed to be equal to dragging a dental pick over a sore tooth.

It is a world of difference between flying Super Pumas to North Sea standard and to rat killing in Eket on 212's. The surplus power available to you on the Super Puma fosters techniques that are not applicable to the 212. Nothing in that statement in any way is meant to be derrogatory towards the individual....merely suggesting having bags of power is allows for a certain laxness of habit is all. Our young'uns would have been even better served if the old Duri operation had remained available for them to learn external load skills too.