PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson flies in to discuss new Intl airline
Old 11th Apr 2005, 09:56
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi sportsfans

One thing that would make Virgin Pacific ( or whatever) more accessible, would be a reversal of the Virgin Atlantic attitude to the local market.

I have tried on numerous occasions to get a head to talk to me regarding access to a "plate" to allow me to issue VS nett remit tickets for some of my highyield corporates. I will NOT deal through a consolidator for these tickets, because it adds 24 hours to the transaction and both major operations a "family" businesses with English generally a second language, or so it seems with some of the load errors I have found in fares.

Family businesses are generally a good thing, because some of the families involved would have no hope of getting a job in the real world.

I personally think that VS is not interested in the Aus - UK traffic, as the fares ex here particularly in J are far lower than the UK - Aus fares which are based in Pounds. The local market is simply unimportant.

It would be a different state of affairs on the Pacific though, particularly with equipment that can do the journey with full payload both ways.

The SYD LAX return is around the same per seat kilometre in J as SYD LHR with two less cycles on the aeroplane and 18 hours less flying.

Maybe THEY will be a little more receptive to the Australian marketplace.

Best all

EWL