PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 17:46
Rick Burt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all.
This is about my 4th time ever speaking on a Web forum ... very interesting for sure.
Some info for all . We have about 100 hours on our S-92 , no wear on the Input spline adapters and fortunatly no other snags as such.

I do beleive this specific incident has raised some questions about the need for a "single pump failure indication or inticator".
The S-76 as I recall has some wording about a single pump failure i.e you will see a drop in pressure, not into red but in the yellow. Nonetheless you have to pick up the loss on the guage, there is no switch.
I also tend to agree with Nick Sikorsky will have their best on it ASAP I'm sure.
We fly 3 Super Pumas and 2 SK-61ns at our base along with the S-92. It will provide for some interesting times and comparision for sure.
I was fortunate enought to be involved in the AS332L launch in North America and it to had some very serious theething pains .... don't they all.

Bottom line I'm sure none of us want any product to fail in the business cause its "bad for business" so I try and keep a somewhat open mind about it all.

I did do our first offsore trip and will do our first revenue offshore trip tomorrow on the S-92 ... looking forward to it.

RB