PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 18:07
HeliComparator

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Hi Mr Sasless

I don't think we have sparred before so here goes...

I was under the misunderstanding that this was an anonymous forum, hence my pseudonym. I didn't realise that Sasless was your real name - is it Mr Sasless, or are you one of those important people like "Prince" who only has one name?

Anyway, flippancy aside, does it actually make any difference who I work for? I have already told Nick that I am a North Sea helicopter pilot, I have told him that I have flown the S92. I think it would be a little careless of SKy to allow the opposition's salesmen to fly their aircraft.

He chooses to ignore that because discrediting me personally is his easiest option. You will notice that he hardly ever actually refutes what I say - could that be because he knows I am mostly right?

Anyway, I would PM you with my real identity but I know that Sikorsky are very quick to reach for their lawyers. If my identity got back to them I would not be surprised to find a law suit on my doorstep for defamation of their products - that's probably called "heresy" if its an American product. Under those circumstances it doesn't matter who is right - its who has the most expensive lawyers that wins. I am not joking here.

Having read many of your previous posts, you seem to be intelligent, articulate and a truth-seeker. However if in this case your patriotism is more important than the truth, then I find that a little sad. I wonder whether all Americans refuse to believe that there could be anything wrong with their home-grown aircraft - perhaps that's why they crash so much in the GOM!

HC

Last edited by HeliComparator; 8th Apr 2005 at 22:06.