PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Cameras
Thread: Speed Cameras
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 11:57
Stax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speed cameras

Gents

Just joined after reading various threads for sometime. Found this amusing in some cases, very sad in others. Speeding can be dangerous depending on conditons- Agreed? Camera's are a good way for councils/goverment to make money - Agreed? More coppers in traffic cars would be a better detterent to speeding - Agreed? Multiple speed limits within a short area are a nusiance and can be dangerous as you are constantly changing your limits -Agreed? So as (I Believe) most of us agree with these statements, what are we going to do about it - Answer? - Sod all, those who believe they are the greatest racing/rally driver in the world will continue to drive their 3/4 ton lump of sharp edges and flammable liquids at speeds excesive to the conditions and those tree huggers who believe speed limits are only an upper limit will continue to p!55 the rest of us off! Try driving around some of the B roads of Lincs, with steep cambers, damaged and broken sides on the roads, 10 to 20 foot dykes (and I don't mean women in cmfortable shoes), tractors, lorries and various members of the animal kingdom crossing in front of you, then tell me it's fine to speed just cos you can.