PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 8th Apr 2005, 01:17
maxalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salad won't make you fat, is good for you and does not have a problem with transport.
I don't live on rabbit food.

Why doesn't someone go and check out what the rules are regarding providing breaks to employees.
Why don't YOU check it out instead of spouting a bunch of arse? The EU directives specifically exclude transport workers!
DOH!
There are mandatory breaks under EU law as far as I am aware.
Unaware - obviously.
That is where one will find the answer to both issues - a break away from all tasks long enough to feed onself at one's own expense.
Now that you've been shot down in a ball of bright orange flames I expect you'll apologise to us all?
No?
Why did I think not.

Most people don't care where you live if you have a good case..................if you earn less than the average wage for doing a complex job then people will see the merit in your blah blah blah.
Why do you not get it??? I don't CARE!

If Ryanair pilots strike at Dublin for union recognition, will for example the brothers in the fire crew support their brethern who are being denided worker rights?
Wrong again! If the pilots are in the same umbrella organisation as the FireMen then the strke will spread. Not that we think its necessary. Pilots are strong enough to ground the company on their own, thanks.

The merit of your cases does not change but MOL is sowing the seeds in the public mind of fat cat salaries and easy lifestyle so that any disruption that can be pinned on pilots who will get no sympathy from the travelling public because of the propaganda.
Once again...who gives a care? Please explain to me what difference it should make to my greivance if joe petrolpumper (or whoever) doesn't support me? I'm fascinated to learn your reasoning.

under redundancy rules, if the job no longer exists (they no longer can use the aircraft you fly) then the company can make you redundant.........but the redundancy requires compensation to be paid which depends on length of service etc..........thus he can either pay you to go.......or pay for the training required to keep you......................................................... ..........or if he thinks that he will get away with it........get people to pay for keeping the job that it would cost him money to get rid of.
Stretching it...................................................aren't you.
.................................................the job exists, according to them..........................you can spend millions arguing it in court if you choose.............................................who knows who'll win.............................and statuatory redundancy is a pittance matey...............................which is all you're entitled to.............................................lets not bother..............................................unionise instead!!!

That is why I think that regardless of the merit of the cases, the way in which the whole matter is being dealt with is simply perfect for on person - MOL.
BOAC

Last edited by maxalt; 8th Apr 2005 at 01:30.