PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA photo licences
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 13:00
hadagutful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRAVE NEW WORLD

Welcome to the brave new world, folks of big brother CASA and all the other beauracratic depts.

I have been posting like others for months on this topic and I am angry that we are incurring more unnecessary costs. Costs that should be borne by the community, why?
...............................because terrorism and security is a society problem, NOT just a pilot issue. I'd like to know how many terrorists there are amongst the GA pilot fraternity but I think I know the answer.

Look if they want to check me out, let em go right ahead, I just object to being forced to pay for it all if I want to maintain my licence.
On top of that, all the time and effort to fillout forms, get photos, provide documentary evidence etc. It is just a lot of bloody nonesense.

The frustrating thing is there is not a damn thing we can do about it, it is now L......A......W. law!

As for why they want to know your traffic convictions etc. my guess is they could possibly deny issue of a licence if there is any criminality involved.