PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Security
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 10:20
FLCH
Buttonpusher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have to admit, the TSA can be overwhelmingly obtuse sometimes, if you have to go thru secondary screening most of the TSA people go thru the routine. there are some paranoid one that are looking for a "smoking gun". However, I was passing thru a staff checkpoint in the UK, about a year ago, I was stopped and asked to show my passport and pilots licence, as I was not "with the rest of the crew", the Flight attendants were duty free shopping and the Capt. went to find breakfast. After a thorough exam, bags and pat down, my licence was taken away from me for "futher examination". The security people were pleasant enough I must admit. When my licence was returned, a few snide comments were made about photocopying my licence(as there is no pisture id), so they (the security screeners) could pose as pilots too. Now I went thru security to get on my plane to go to work ...not to get into a discussion about the appearance of my pilots licence. It had happened several times after that too (ie wanting to see my passport and licence), all with different people manning the post. You only have to read the posts about security at MAN to see all is not well there either. Needless to say I don't bid this city anymore on my line.....