PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Simple Ways to Improve Moral in SIA
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2005, 23:35
greybeard

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

When you get a letter begining "It has been decided........" regarding contract conditions after only a week or so in SIA???

When rostering tell you " you shouldn't use the rules to your advantage Capt......" when minimum rest was needed???

When your Training Captain tells you "Any questions from you will indicate a lack of knowlege......."?????

When an SIP yells at a trainee " I WILL TELL YOU HOW IT IS DONE ON MY AIRCRAFT, AND YOUR CRM SKILLS NEED A REVIEW!!!!!!!"

There is a clue that you are in a different place from home.

Having said all that there are, in small and regrettably reducing numbers some of the smartest people around in Flt Ops, local and expat, but also some of the biggest dunces as well.

SIA is in the business of making money, anything else is secondary to the aim, all staff to the system are telephone numbers that are rung to do the task of making money.

The task is to enjoy what you can of the process.

Still miss the place after 2 years in "retirement", actually have become a PPS Pax as I travel on them 6-8 times a year to Simulator tasks, so from an old hand it's not all bad, just always could have been and could be a better place.

C YA

The old Greybeard