PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 6th Apr 2005, 21:06
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloue,

Send a copy of the memo to the Sun. They would jump at the chance to have a go at Ryanair...........then we can all have a read!

-----

zehutiman,

As a current professional pilot I am well aware of how things work.

My point regarding the baggage loading was in the main pointing out that Ryanair Management has not moved it's position despite the changing fortunes of the business.

However, while not making water available is illegal, there are very few companies that feed employees while at work. Don't forget that we are talking about pilots who wake up at home every morning and get home after every day's work and who fly short haul flights.

OK the schedule is amazingly tight. But are Pilots above bringing a packed lunch to work?

Since Ryanair at best have some Snacks and cold drinks onboard, would you seriously expect special catering ordered in for every flight so that the Pilots can eat it........or is it just for some flights - which ones then?

The whole problem with this whole shouting match is that to the outsider most if not all the arguments are rubbish!

Don't complain that there is no free food (see above about packed lunch) when the rules regarding breaks at work are in legislation.............30 minute break after 4 hours seems to spring to mind?..........make a proper case that people can see as justified and not simply "I'm above making sarneys in the morning".

It is rubbish like that and the intimidation of peple who may not share one's view of the matter that tarnish any true grevience that may exist.

At the end of the day we will never see a strike because BALPA and IALPA and REPA know that there would be absolutely no public support - The fire men got little enough of that recently and MOL is making it clear to the public that these pilots get 130,000 a year so who is going to think they are hard done by then?...........and that is why he says such things during interviews!

BALPA have to get the Ryanair thing in check - they have Easy sorted - and the only danger sign on the horizon of senior pilot bliss is a Ryanair sytle management system in an established UK airline...............walk in Willie.

Why don't a few -200 pilots call the bluff........after all they would get a nice redundancy package if they were an elderly long serving Captain and if they are as good as they say, and there is such a shortage of pilots, they must be guaranteed a job elsewhere..............I know that if I was in that position and conditions are as bad as one is lead to believe, I would jump at the chance to escape with a golden handshake and would not for one minute bother wasting time with arguments about having to pay for a new type rating!

Regards,

DFC