PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Security
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2005, 20:08
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get frisked quite regularly, sometimes it's because I have left my office keys in my pocket, or I forgot to take my mobile out of my jacket. I have pointed this out but am still searched, could ask "what's the point of this, I walk through here 4/5 times a day plus, I am more senior to you, you will obey me" NO, when I am in Security Search my seniority is worth nothing -they are the boss. And heck what is 20 odd seconds of your life.
As for getting 'touched up' search is m-m f-f, must be about the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard for not being searched.
I have been in queues in America where people have said to someone in the queue:
'hey Honey, they won't let me take this as I have too many bags, could you take it for me!!!" The scarey thing was the response:
"Sugar that's no problem"!!!
Is that what we prefer
As for "my first duty is to my Company", then security is obviously top of that list, coz no-one will thank the security guard who lets the psycho employee through!!!
Like anything in life to be free to move about means having some restrictions, we all know airports must be secure but a security search is in no way like the infamous SUS law of the 1980's (Stop Under Suspicion) for those too young or not born then!