PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Security
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2005, 14:08
hapzim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mickyuk

1st try to copy names correctly.

2nd I suggested that a wand be used to find what caused the bleep . If that was not successful than yes a professional frisk not a touch-one up done by some pervie security chimp. Would be a bit of a farce if no staff got airside for refusing to be frisked yet bleeping merrily upon walking through an arch.

I take it that your the person who stands up whilst the seat belt sign is on endangering all those pax around you. Knows better than the crew.

The whole idea is to detect and prevent restricted items reaching and being used as a weapon on an aircraft. Don't start me on how useless the whole security issue is. If a terrorist wants to cause trouble there are numerous ways and means with items obtainable airside of any security point.

Most of the security personnel I come in contact with both professionally and as a punter conduct themselves admirably within the constraints placed upon them by the nature of thier jobs.

All remember, we are out there to move people and freight from A to B etc with minimum inconvience and cost. If we don't then the terrorist has succeed without even being present.