PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 21:43
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airhumberside,

The request to FlyBe would illicit that sort of response, like most other businesses what they tell you is true, what they don't tell you is true, and what is in the middle may also be true!!!, what they deny is true, what they say is false is true, and what they say is true is false (Confused, you should be!!!). Their response does not mean they are not looking at DSA or HUY or LBA or NCL or MME and so forth, it may also mean they ARE looking at all of the above...OR NONE, who knows!!
EDI, BFS may be popular at other airports but will the routes work at HUY, is there the catchment etc, are these suitable routes and so forth. Ergo my previous post sometime back,

"why can't I catch a train from X to Y at nnn hour of the day -I want it, so what if no-one else does!"

Paris used to be a good route, as was LHR popular, but that was a long time ago in aviation terms... c. 4/5 years. Now we have Footie-Shirts-R-Us flying to everywhere for 4pence, scheduled services cannot compete and the HUY catchment somewhat restricts, although -that being said- the 2 hour drive-time is 11m people, maybe that is the key. But would anyone want to drive 2 hours from MAN/NCL for a 50 minute flight from HUY!!
But if the routes offered were not available from other airports...such as Brussells, Marsailles, Southampton, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf/Cologne etc might these work with a small plane (Jetstream, Dornier, Beech, etc?)

I do not think HUY will grab anything out of desperation, just to get Lo-co...it's pointless and may do more harm than good -what would it say about an Airport whose innaugural Lo-co failed through lack of interest from the travelling public, rather than the efforts of all at the airport -because regrettably that is how it would be perceived. BANNER HEADLINE "Humberside loses another flight" NOT "Locals not interested in route"

Like your postings, like your entusiasm, keep up the scribings coz we all wanna get there!!!

P.S. DSA what's that all about eh?