PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Security
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 17:00
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to Amsterdam and they will show you how a proper search is done - none of this Mickey Mouse Manchester stuff!!!

I went through Manchester as a passenger last weekend and I was commuting home in civvies and my flight case showed up an object that looked like a penknife, which obviously was not there. Anyway after searching and scanning various items for a second time they could not explain what the object was.

However the security chap took my bag off the scanner and saw my crew tag straight away and also saw my ID pass whilst searching inside and he was very apologetic for keeping me waiting. We had a quick chat and I remarked at how my bag does not normally cause a problem and he said jokingly 'we are like a coiled spring today. And also full of 5hit!!! Made me laugh.

However he said, given that you are crew then I am happy to let you go even though I can't find anything in your bag! Nice to see some common sense!

Well... as for the Isle of Man - one of the crew had their scissors removed from their nightspot bag. I was just waiting for the 'Shall I remove the thread from my trousers with the fire axe' - thankfully my colleague resisted temptation!