PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nail Clippers are BACK!
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 08:48
Devils Advocate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Further to the comments w.r.t. duress upon ones person:

One wouldn’t need to take anything through security, one could simply pass them the axe…. and / or maybe a (glass?) bottle of highly flammable booze (which one can buy onboard, forsooth !) + cigarette lighter, ..... and / or maybe one could simply let them into the flightdeck and show them how to lock themselves in as one leaves it ?!

Of course, if arguing that my family being under some supposed threat on the ground might cause me to act under duress in the air, is so strong, then surely the same argument is even stronger should my family happen to be travelling in the passenger cabin and would it not therefore be more sensible to allow them to travel in the flightdeck with me ?!

I’ve said it for years, i.e. the present security rules are illogical, ill-conceived, and are very difficult to defend due to all the inconsistencies, local variations and the general lack of joined-up thinking.

…. and another thing; Osama Bin Laden would pass the Disclosure Scotland security check, because he is not disqualified through having any UK criminal convictions – now there’s a thought !