PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA/GATCO Forum 2005 - The Safety of Public Transport Flights Outside CAS
Old 4th Apr 2005, 18:20
WorkingHard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"We do not need protection from Civ ac, they need protection from us. That is what class A airspace exists for. Use it."

"Military aircraft regularly infringe controlled airspace and cause problems to civil controllers."

"is absolutely no need for ac to transit through such large areas of Class G when Class A exists."

Just a few of the comments earlier but in my view shows a total lack of appreciation of anything other than the particular type of aviation from which the contributors hail. There are many users of class G for whom class A is not an alternative for a variety of reasons, usually because the destination is in class G. 16 Blades for example- what would you do with all the airports that do not have CAS surrounding them? Similarly for the civilian CAT operators do you want to swamp the entire country with class A? Please let us show a bit of understanding and learn from the others rather than (as it seems) slagging each other off. I do not like LL fast jets because of the dangers in T/O and landing at airfields in class G. Equally I hate to find a CAT operator way off level in CAS. Both quite alarming when one does not have TCAS.
How do we improve the situation in class G for the benefit of the majority users which according to NATS shows 76% of all flights in the UK is GA traffic.