PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lame moral at qantas
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2005, 11:30
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annulus filler- how does a conehead know what an annulus filler is??? I'm very impressed!!!! I don't now why you guys are interested in what everyone else earns apart from gloating. I definitely ticked the wrong box!!

I didn't reply to the other post as a I didn't think that valid comparisons could be made. You post made no mention of how many licences, what sort of shift pattern, length of service to name a few.

Morale doesn't come from within. It comes from being part of a successful team where your input and efforts are valued by your manager and it is recognised in some manner.(It doesn't have to be financially but that is the traditional yardstick)

I'm sure there are many many people who get less than me but have high morale. They are probably recognised by their management as making a valuable contribution.(One line in the annual report each year is not quite what I mean!!)

If my efforts were recognised more then my morale would be higher and I probably wouldn't be quite so p!$$ed off.

Maybe if GD had only given himself and his managers a 3% rise I could live with it.

Maybe if I thought I had a good chance of furthering my career by more training my morale would be higher.

Maybe if I didn't think Engineering is going to be spun off down the track and my services disposed of because it can be done cheaper in China I would be more optimistic(It will always be cheaper in China).

Maybe If my costs (petrol/health insurance/interest rates/grocery bills/taxes/child care) were going up less than 3% I could live with it. I know plasma TV's are cheaper but that doesn't really help much.

Yes my morale is low but I can't see any reason to be satisfied with any of the above