PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink
Thread: Qantaslink
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2005, 09:31
splatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO WORRIES MATE

Your suggesting due to your opposition to the self funded endorsement program that people should try to undermine the process and say yes I'll do it then say oh sorry I won't.

Hang on - would that be as bad as some one starting the endorsement process and resigning before it was finished as they had a job offer to move on to larger equipment, or resigning half way through the ground school for similar reasons?

Do some home work and you'll probably find that this has occured and in more than one or two companies!

I don't agree with the principle, however if it provides a sustainable benefit to any organisation and effective practices ensure maintenance of standards, then you really have to look on the other side of the fence and ask yourself really what are you trying to acheive other than making an As%$^le of yourself.

For the record - I believe the commencement of this practice within the regional airline environment is a sad day and the ramifications for attracting people into the profession may well have an impact some years down the track. But I understand the basic principle behind it and strongly believe it is up to the individuals to determine if they are prepared to fund their own endorsement prior to employment.

IMHO for what it is worth.