PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nail Clippers are BACK!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2005, 21:11
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
OK, let me say it one more time for those that have not travelled much ... dear old Brit gov say that airlines not allowed to give pax metal cutlery.

Airlines very pleased as plastic cutlery does not have to get washed for reuse and it does not matter if it gets stolen.

Potential hijackers very pleased as plastic fork is sharper than metal. It has to be to compensate for being brittle.

Lastly, the airline will sell us the weapons we need when they sell a litre bottle of whiskey. Or, they will encourage us to bring a laptop on board by providing power and (some) web access for it when we are airborne. A laptop weighing 2.5kg is a significant weapon.

A pair of nail clippers is not. Yes, I know they are just doing their job and it is not their fault that they are trying to earn a living implementing stupid rules! But, they should try to implement them [pun intended] in a less than stupid fashion.

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.