PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA/GATCO Forum 2005 - The Safety of Public Transport Flights Outside CAS
Old 3rd Apr 2005, 19:15
raytofclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon:

Why should the CAA put the OTA system on charts and do you really think it would make a blind bit of difference?

The suicidal regional airline pilots don't even care about a major multi national exercise, NOTAM'd and clearly going on in front of them, and actively choose to blunder through it- REGULARLY. See my post on page 2.

Why then would they suddenly stick to the class A structure to the west (which exists purely for GA co-ordination and safety by the way) just because the muppets at the CAA drew another AIAA/OTA or dotted line on some chart.

We're losing training value by being walked over by the civvies and no-one up top is fighting our corner.

Frankly it's another push point for me because I don't want to be pilloried in the press for putting a JS41 to the bottom of the deep blue sea when he flew into the merge point. It's always our fault of course- "what the hell was a military aircraft doing so close to an airliner" etc etc etc. ad nauseum

Ray