PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lame moral at qantas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2005, 11:05
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Company spy -that job description you gave may be for your own job but don't put everyone in that basket. I regularly go home exhasted. Not everyone sits in the smoko room for hrs playing the computer(though I'll grant you some do-most however don't)

I have over 20 yrs in the company licenced on two A/C types and last years my base pay was $72000.

I believe this reasonably in line with other trades of similiar experience and qualifications outside of the aviation industry. What I want is a pay rise similiar to what other trades in Australia are receiving ie 4-5 % ( I'm even willing to accept the last few years belt tightening as a result of industry turmoil).

What I'm not prepared to accept is an offer less than the Australian average AGAIN in return for those draconian clauses such as

1-OT banking where they tell you what days you will be taking off

2-transmission of business where they spin off engineering into a seperate company and disassociate themselves from any redundancy/entitlement payout

3-get no shift penalties while on training(35-40%) paycut for 2-3 months.Who can afford that. They'll have us paying for our courses next like the pilots who have to pay for ratings.

No GD has had his own way for far too long and its time some other people besides himself were rewarded for their work.At least lets make him work harder for HIS pay rise!!!

Last edited by numbskull; 3rd Apr 2005 at 19:16.