PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Changes the Contract - Again!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2005, 01:21
Farside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Rockhound
Good to see you too. Yes we are all getting a little jaded after a long flying carreer. The parties enroute have faded as well since the age of the real party going cabin crew always remains in the late twenty early thirty figures where after they leave for greener pastures.
We however hang in for the ride but get at a point where we are defenitely too old to show up in the disco. ( I think they call it clubbing these days)
I have also seen too many AIDS cases in the job ( Airline Induced Divorce Syndrom) and at the end of the day you want to come back to a happy home. The only way to do that is being a bore enroute. Yes I too miss the dark and gloomy nights with one ADF, a navigator, engineer, and grumpy captain.
After the wild years in the Airforce I worked for a charter outfit which was more or less the extension of the Airforce and man it was wild. As I remember it ,it was one big party. The flying has changed enormously, not always for the better, but I must say that there are new chalanges (hope spelled that correct) with this ULR flying that are interesting and nice to be part of. And if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. But I must admit that I envy your Bushflying experiences, because that must at the end of the day be the real macCoy!!! Bye for now Rockhound, hope to see one of these days.