PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - ITN Teletext item
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2001, 10:11
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
411a,
Read my post again, then read the one about the case being 'kicked out of court'.

There is a world of difference between not having your case heard on a technical point and losing a case on the merits, or otherwise of the case.

As I said the actions of CX management would not be lawfull in the US or Australia and a wrongful dismissal hearing would most certainly go the way of the plaintiff.

I don't work for CX, have never appied and never will. However I have a bunch of friends who do, both A scale and B, and not one of them is a rabid dog looking to destroy what has been, in the past, one of the better jobs in world aviation.

They have all taken significant pay cuts in the last years to 'help' the company. So they have done what you are always insisting the pilot body should do. Then when the company produces record profits they are screwed down harder, seems like a plan to me!!!

They are working their collective ar$es off, the computer rostering program won't produce rosters due to lack of crews, so rather than fix that problem you sack 50 pilots and the rostering is now done on a big white board with a marker pen!

You can turn up for your 'rostered' flight to say Taipei and find when you sign on that you are now going to London and won't be home for several days or more. I suppose a phone call from crewing to that effect before you left home would be unreasonable to you?

How about a quick Anchorage, dead head home on the same aircraft and then do a min rest before heading off in the opposite direction because your body clock has not been put out of kilter by time zone changes? The mere fact you've not had quality rest for over 24 hours is immaterial, right 411a?

There are a few examples of the best way to run an airline around the world, CX is an example of how not to run an airline. But that's ok you'd just bend over and scream "HARDER....FASTER...OH YEAH...THANKYOU BOSS"

Chuck.

PS. And yes perhaps the AoA could have handled it better, but only in hindsight!