PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lame moral at qantas
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2005, 20:13
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOBB some ports have have unofficial OT bans on for some time however Sydney Base Maint has never had one. A large percentage of work on 747/767 fleet is done by them and the official OT ban will dramatically effect work output from them. This will reverberate out through the network quite quickly.

Unofficial bans may have had some impact but the only way the association can be truly effective is if we act as one with "official action"

Pungent- MA holders have always done it for "the glory" of it all anyway. There never has been a payment for it and never will. You'll probably find that most MA holders are quite hapy doing it for nothing as it gives them trips away and "bragging rights" Let them have it I say. I have other things on in my life that stops me dropping everything and flying to some sh#thole to do a walkaround.

Sys 4- I agree that heavy maint senior LAMES should not do the .3 hr OT. But really what difference will it make!!

Thanks for the input Company Spy-you sound like one of my supervisors-probably MR Qantas reborn. We should be able to pick you out at work as you'll be the one doing OT.