PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Changes the Contract - Again!
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2005, 13:25
Rockhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farside,
Long time no hear. Glad to see you're still around, after 40 years yet. Sounds to me like you're one of those guys who makes John B turn green with envy. All I can drive is a car but, sure, even I know there's no real difference between flying into SFO and FCO. But what about all the fun things you can do during layovers at different places in different countries? I reckon that's one of the perks for you SQ longhaulers. Trouble is, you guys get too jaded (perhaps understandably) while some of us enthusiasts, even after hundreds of hours of bush flying as pax in helicopters, Twin Otters and the like (I'm a geologist, in the sunset days of my career), as well as a very modest number (compared to yours) of scheduled flights, still get a thrill out of simply "getting there", not to speak of visiting other countries and experiencing other cultures. Just remember that, as you're shifting uneasily in your seat trying to avoid a sore you-know-what while grinding it out for 18 hours over the Pacific, one or two of the SLF in the back are having the time of their lives.
Bit off-topic, I know - sorry. Nice to hear from you.
Rockhound