PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boom times for pilots are here - Maybe?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2005, 00:31
Shazzamed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Its ALL gone too far...

What you will find is that many locals from countries outside Australia will gain jet jobs, in their own country, with little or no experience, get their jet time and perhaps move on...Maybe!!

Try looking at contract work via the internet and you will find that mostly all require jet experience.

So what we have is guys in Europe, U.S, Asia, South Pacific, that are all qualified on type, taking the pick of the crop, and then guys in Oz still struggling in GA.

Where is the shortage of pilots. Certainly not in OZ. How many unemployed commercial pilots are out there??

Alot of morons in management in Australia, along with their pig-headed ego's, make it more and more difficult for anyone to get a job in Oz- GA and in the Airlines.

This is what kills me.

Take a look at Jetstar for example, they require more experience and require you to do more in their selection process than in Qantas to get less pay. Pacific blue, I remeber that their requirements were higher than Virgin Blue to get less pay. QL, well they want you to pay more and more money..etc etc!!

When experience levels drop for entry, like US and Europe in fact everywhere else in the world, pay increases, and we all have civil liberties......ahhh then we have a shortage of pilots.

Write that in your articles before you entice more and more into this wicked and evil field that aviation has become.

I wonder what the flying schools will tell their prospective students. You will need $100,000 to get a flying job in OZ that pays ****e, but if your lucky and you know heaps of people in the industry, in 4-5 years you could be earning $80,000. Or, will they pin up these articles on their notice boards so everyone feels a sense of well being while getting financially pumped!!

Maybe just Maybe this all an April Fools day joke and we can all have a bit of a giggle...teehee!

Shazzamed

Last edited by Shazzamed; 1st Apr 2005 at 00:43.