PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAN- World's LEAST (Crew) favourite airport
Old 9th Aug 2001, 14:30
Bally Heck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear.

Whilst not based at MAN, I have used it's good offices many many times.

Car parking is dreadful if you are sentenced to staff west.

Security staff? Well they have never been rude to me. I'm sure it happens, but it must be the exception rather than the rule. I find that if you are polite to people and treat them with respect, it makes it very difficult for them to treat with you contempt. (OK some people work at it)

There was certainly a staff channel in T2 last week.

How exactly is the runway system an accident waiting to happen. If you have a single runway then aircraft must enter it whilst others are on approach or on the landing or take-off roll. With MAN's two runway system this is also the case. Whats the difference?

Taxi-way designators are confusing. They were much more logical until they were changed 5 or 6 years ago. This is not a MAN problem as all airports (in the UK) have been made to adopt this appalling ICAO standard.

Now how about the baggage handling system in T2. Causes more delays than the Clacton sector on a stormy day.

The lifts in T2? I fear for my life sometimes. People certainly age visibly in the time they take to get between floors.

What is for certain is that MAN draws more flack on this forum than every other UK airport. I wonder if they are listening.

[ 09 August 2001: Message edited by: Bally Heck ]