PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Factored Flying Hours
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2005, 05:29
Can't think of a name

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

If you exceed 100hrs in 28 days, you are doing so on your own: "unauthorized exceedance of CAR flying hours limitations". I don't have a copy of CAR's (funny that....in a company that would never want its pilots to actually know what the regs say!), but my best guess is that they would require you to notify the authority, in writing, within a certain time frame, with an explanation. (Just as they do for other exceedances like more than 3 hours discretion, breaking minima etc etc). If I'm wrong on this I welcome anybody's correction??!

Whether or not "the company made me do it" is a valid and acceptable explanation I have no idea. So what do you do? You either say "no" which places you directly in the path of the company's intentions, with the associated repercussions, or do you feel a nasty cough coming on, and thereby keep your head low?

Bottom line......if you break the law do you think EK will come running to your legal defence? ....... Funny, that's what I thought too! Remember, you can always get another job, but you can't without a license.